CCNP ROUTE and TSHOOT Practice Exam:
OSPF Stub Areas And Designated Routers
By Chris Bryant, CCIE #12933
In your CCNP ROUTE and TSHOOT prep, you just can't get too much OSPF practice - so here's a practice exam to help you conquer these double-tough exams!
Tackle dozens of additional practice exams and videos for the ROUTE and TSHOOT exams just by clicking those links!
Let's get to the questions!
1. You're configuring a totally stub OSPF area. Which of the following statements is true regarding the usage of the no-summary option of the area stub command?
A. It must be on every router in the stub area
B. It must be configured on the ABR
C. It must be written on every router in the stub except the ABR
D. You will not use that option in a total stub config
2. Regarding that same configuration, which routers must be configured with the area stub command?
A. All of them
B. None of them
C. ABR only
D. ASBR only
E. TSR only
3. How does OSPF determine the DR of a point-to-point network?
A. highest IP address
B. highest interface priority
C. lowest OSPF RID
D. highest OSPF RID
E. There is no DR on a point-to-point network.
4. Speaking of total stub areas, which of the following is FALSE regarding these areas?
A. Can contain an ABR
B. Can contain an ASBR
C. Cannot be Area 0
D. Cannot serve as a transit area for virtual links
E. All routers in the area must be configured as stub
Answers right after this brief, important opportunity ...
... an opportunity EVERY CCNP candidate should take advantage of!
Over 8,000 students are now in my Video Boot Camps - and we're celebrating by offering 60% off ALL my courses on Udemy!
Just follow these links for full course descriptions and samples - your discount code BULLDOG60 has already been applied!
CCNA Video Boot Camp - Just $44!
CCNA Security 640-554 Video Boot Camp - $39!
CCNP ROUTE Video Boot Camp - $44
CCNP SWITCH Video Boot Camp - $44
CCNP TSHOOT Video Boot Camp - $44
CCNP All-in-One Course -- All 3 CCNP courses, just $99!
Here are the answers!
1. (B). You do need the no-summary option in a total stub configuration - but only on the ABR. However....
2. (A). ... every router in the total stub area must be configured as stub.
3. (E). An OSPF point-to-point network will elect neither a DR nor a BDR.
4. (B). A total stub area can contain an ABR, but not an ASBR. It also cannot be Area0 and it cannot serve as a virtual link transit area.
5. (B). When configuring an OSPF virtual link, the address you'll specify is the remote router's OSPF RID.
Great work! :) Now let's get to those three free hours of CCNP Video Boot Camps...
Each of these pages now includes a full course outline and one full hour of free CCNP Video Boot Camp training!
CCNP SWITCH DVD
CCNP TSHOOT DVD
CCNP ROUTE DVD
CCNP Video Boot Camp Bundle
Get Your CCNP With All 3 Of My CCNP Bulldog Boot Camp DVDs for Just $199!
(Download them all for $99!)
You get immediate online access to ALL videos and free worldwide shipping!
Nail the CCNP ROUTE exam with my CCNP ROUTE DVD!
To your success,